5.01.2012

Review of Bahdria by @IngridMichaels

Bahdria: A Love StoryBahdria: A Love Story by Ingrid Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ingrid Michaels has a crisp, clean writing style that engaged me from the very first word. Bahdria is subtitled A Love Story, and truly this is one of the sweetest love stories I’ve read in a long time. I’m looking forward to reading more of Ingrid’s work.

Jean-Marc is a true hero, practicing medicine for Doctors Without Borders in a refugee camp in the Sub-Saharan desert. The camp suffers from limited supplies and a broken water well. When a preteen boy attempts to fix the ruptured mechanism and falls in, Jean-Marc doesn’t hesitate to descend into the depths of the well to save the youngster. Such is his dedication to saving lives.

The high point of the story centers on the selfless love of Jean-Marc for his wife Sharon, whom he affectionately calls Bahdria. He succeeds in rescuing the boy, but slips and hangs on the side of the well, struggling to gain purchase. Sharon grips the rope surrounding his waist desperately trying to keep her husband from plunging to his death, and in so doing endangers her own life. A light of selflessness shines around this couple. Bahdria is a tale of courage, commitment, and unconditional love. I won’t reveal the beautiful end of this story, but I will tell you this closing scene brought tears to my eyes—something that doesn’t happen very often.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks and gratitude for such a wonderful review, Denise. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...