2.09.2012

To Tweet or Not To Tweet

My life changed for the better last week. I signed with Still Moments Publishing. If you're a writer in today's techno-savvy world, you know that promotion is the name of the game. After I finished doing a happy dance, I had to get serious about my internet presence.


I started this blog months ago, actually years ago. I've deleted the original and reinvented it and tweaked and twisted the thing until it resembles the loveliness that is now Suspense, She Writes.

But my next challenge was defeating the dreaded Twitter. I'd heard about the popular social networking feed with its constant twitting and tweeting. I'd read about how celebrities reveal every detail of their sordid little lives on a series of tweets. But was this for me? My daughter experimented with the site until she posted a picture of her cutely painted toenails and got hit on by a guy with a toe fetish in Venezuela. She was so freaked out, she promptly deleted her Twitter.


So here I was... to tweet or not to tweet. So I tweeted. That's when things got really interesting. Because a tweet is limited to 140 characters, there's a lot of abbreviating going on in cyberspace. I had to catch on to the lingo and quick. I found a nice reference post on Brent Ozar PLF at http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2008/08/twitter-101/.


So I've tweeted a grand total of 15 times. I've even retweeted. What do I think of modern technology? I haven't thought about it, I've been too busy trying to catch up and hang on.




Read more Pondering With a Purpose at
http://brendayoungerman.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I've tweeted but haven't even looked at my account in a long time. Doesn't seem to be able to hold my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    I know exactly where you're at... My 7th novel is coming out and everyone harps on Social Media, internet presence, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I rarely use my Twitter account - but have one! And I have found that you will do what you're the most comfortable with!
    Thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise,
    to continue our blog-versation, I've tweeted quite a bit, and the only "negative" thing I've noticed is how temporary the tweet-effect is, for example, in driving people to your blog. Although it *is* effective, once the message has been tweeted, it needs to be done again and again... unless, of course, your earlier tweet gets retweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...