3.18.2015

All About Heroes Interview with Cait Jarrod



Today, I have as my guest fellow suspense writer, Cait Jarrod. Cait has just released her latest book, Breaking All Barriers.




perf5.000x8.000.indd
Breaking All Barriers 
By Cait Jarrod 
Release Date: March 13, 2015 
Publisher: Wild Rose Press 
Genre: Romantic Suspense 

Can a single kiss change your life? 
Businessman Cole Dunbar stays focused inventing the latest techno gadgets. When he learns of his deceased wife’s betrayal, he shuts the door on any personal relationships. There’s just one problem—the sexy Dina Wright who lives down the hall. He can’t keep her out of his thoughts and fantasies. When he sees her frightened on a New York City street, he tosses aside his reservations and reaches out to her. 

Dina is high on life. Not only is she starting an advertising agency and her best friend is returning to NYC, an honest-to-God hunk is sending her spine-tingling looks. Despite past betrayals interfering, the budding romance picks up momentum, but Mother Nature spins her wrath. Amidst the chaos, Dina vanishes. 

Like the book on Facebook 




Buy links: 

Wild Rose Press | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo 


First, tell us a little about yourself. I’m married to my best friend and have three wonderful daughters. With my daughters either attending college or just graduated college, I have more time on my hands. So, at this point in my life, I’m able to do something that is for me…WRITE

As writers, we often become emotionally attached to our characters. Who is your favorite hero you’ve ever written? That’s hard to answer. In each book, I grow attached to both the hero and heroine. Each hero has special qualities that I like. Naming one of the heroes would probably just tick off another one, so I probably should stay silent. :)


Have you ever fallen in love with or had a crush on one of your heroes? Tell us about him. No, I haven’t. My husband may not like it if I did. :)
 But, I will say that each of them has some of my husband’s qualities. Saying that, you could say, I have a crush on each of them.

How do you develop your heroes? Do you imagine their personality or their physical appearance first? Do they grow as personalities as you write or do you do a character sketch before you type the first word? Yes, to all the above. I search the internet for pictures. I mostly use the physical traits in the photographs. Once and a while, I veer off—like eye or hair color. I do sketch out their character before I write the first draft, but their personalities come more to life once I’ve finish the story. The second revision, I dig deeper into their personalities. 

Here's a pic of Cole:




How do you name your hero? I search for a name until one strikes me to fit the character’s personality. Sometimes, I change their name before the end of the first draft.

Who is your favorite hero in books, movies, or television? Raylan Givens is probably my favorite on TV right now.

Who is your hero in real life? Easy. My husband. 

Thanks for being here today, Cait. I wish you success with yur new release.

Don’t miss Cait Jarrod’s other works: 


KH - small MysticHearts-evernightpublishing-smallpreview perf5.000x8.000.indd girlcode-customdesign-jayAheer2015-smallpreview


Kidnapped Hearts - Band of Friend Series, Book 1 
Mystic Hearts-Band of Friend Series, Book 2 
Entangled Love 
Girl Code anthology, releasing Spring 2015 


About the Author: From writing ‘every girl’s dream heroes’ to ‘strong, down-to-earth heroines,’ Cait Jarrod twists ‘cliff hanging plots’ and ‘clever, unpredictable sub-plots’. She loves diving into a good book as much as she loves writing one. Mother of three gorgeous daughters, she’s married to her best friend, hangs out with the WWC--a great group of women-- and loves a good glass of wine. Cait’s debut novel, Kidnapped Hearts, won awards in the categories of Best Happily Ever After, Best Suspense, and Editor’s Choice. She also made the Amazon Best Sellers list. 


Contact or follow Cait Jarrod: 

Facebook Fan Page | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google+ |Linkedin 

Sign up for her newsletter here: http://caitjarrod.com/contact-cait-andor-signup-for-news-from-cait-newsletter/ 




Heart Chalk board

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...