8.22.2014

Ten Places That Have Inspired My Writing

One of my favorite things to do is travel, and in my journeys I often visit places that inspire me. Sometimes the spot will set a scene or sometimes it might be the inspiration for the beginning chapter of a book. Each of the pictures below have inspired either an already published work or a book I plan to write in the near future. Just a small sample of places that inspire me...

Capilano Suspension Bridge - Vancouver, British Columbia


French Quarter - New Orleans, Louisiana


Private Lake - Near Port Angeles, Washington


Miegs Falls - Smoky Mountain National Park


Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad - Durango, Colorado




Garden District - New Orleans, Louisiana


Old Towne Square - Albuquerque, New Mexico




Hamilton House - Hot Springs, Arkansas


Gulf of Mexico - Florida Panhandle


River Walk - San Antonio, Texas



Please check out my published works at:






You might also enjoy my free short story, Ghost In the Garden, available here:

1 comment:

  1. Great images, Denise. It's nice to see how other writers become inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...