8.18.2013

#WeWriWa 08-18-13 #SnippetSunday #8Sunday Weekend Writing Warriors

It's a Sunday thing...



Each Sunday, Weekend Writing Warriors hosts a fun new blog hop. If you would like to participate, link to the list at http://www.wewriwa.com/ and post eight sentences from a published or unpublished work to your blog on Sunday. Follow the same link on Sunday to read excerpts from other authors.


SNIPPET SUNDAY

Each Sunday, fellow writers on the Facebook page, Snippet Sunday, share excerpts from their work on their blogs. To read more follow this link, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/461163367303186.

This week's eight comes from my romantic suspense book, Deceptions of the Heart.



Here's the set up...

In this scene, Rhonda is comparing herself to Jennifer, the woman whose body she has inhabited.

Here's the eight...

Jennifer’s clothes fit me, but then…I had her body. She had remained trim while I had blossomed into matronly womanhood. No amount of dieting or exercise reshaped me. I was a perfect pear on short, stubby legs while Jennifer carried a tall frame worthy of a runway model. She was as light as I was dark. My unruly, naturally curly hair coiled about my heart-shaped face. Her blonde, highlighted bob curved around a classic oval. The only thing we had in common was our gender.

Here's the blurb...

What would you do if one morning you awoke in someone else’s body?

Surviving as Jennifer Cristobal isn’t easy for Rhonda Prentiss. Three years ago, a sudden, fatal trauma stripped Rhonda of her middle-class, stay-at-home-mom existence. A brand new shock prompts Rhonda’s essence to invade Jennifer’s soul, suppressing the other woman’s memories and replacing them with her own. When Jennifer’s heart transplant surgeon, Dr. Crane, can’t—or won’t—help her understand her unusual body-swapping dilemma, she turns to the only man she can trust. But can she fully trust Jennifer’s husband, Anson? Rhonda’s memory proves faulty—and sugarcoated. Multiple threats from her past shake her fragile hold on mental stability. If one of her enemies succeeds, he will kill Rhonda’s soul… or Jennifer’s body… or both.

Click on the book cover to purchase a copy of Deceptions of the Heart.

8 comments:

  1. It must make it even harder for Rhonda not to recognize herself every time she looks in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would think it would be a brand new shock each time.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really hard book to write - maybe "complex" is a better word. It certainly has me intrigued! I can imagine how she feels not being able to find a doctor to understand or to explain her condition. She is in quite a predicament! Great snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. This book was complex to write, but I had a wonderful editor to help me buff out the rough spots.

      Delete
  3. That would be so disconcerting when you looked in the mirror or tried on clothing or anything! I love all the twists and turns to the situation - great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. That would be so freaky to wake up in a body you know doesn't belong to you...the book sounds like it could be really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Millie. That was the question that started the whole book. What would you do if you awoke in someone else's body? Yeah, I would freak out. Jennifer/Rhonda handles it so much better than I would!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...