4.21.2013

Weekend Writing Warrior 04.21.13 #8Sunday #WeWriWa


It's a Sunday thing...



Each Sunday, Weekend Writing Warriors hosts a fun new meme. Link to their list at http://www.wewriwa.com/ and post eight sentences from a published or unpublished work to your blog on Sunday.

I'm sharing 8 from my book, Crisis of IdentityHere's the setup...

Tess sent her ex-boyfriend's sister, Allison, to South Carolina to stay with Tess' sister, Tawny. For Allison's safety. The trouble? Tess' sister and her boyfriend are druggies. When Tawny can't pay up on her debt to her drug dealer, Tawny sells Allison to him.

When Tess senses that Allison is in trouble she heads to South Carolina to find out what's going on. In this scene, Tess has managed to rescue Allison from the clutches of the drug dealer. This is Tess' reply when Allison asks her what she's been up to the last few months.


I wasn’t ready to tell her about Shelby Coleman, so I dissimilated a bit. “Okay, maybe I did steal a man’s car…and his cash…oh, and yeah, his cell phone. And I broke into someone’s condo, but I didn’t find what I was looking for. It’s okay, because she’s dead. But that’s all.” I bit my lower lip. It sounded bad when you listed all my instances of larceny like that.

“That’s all?”




Here's the blurb...


Tess Copeland is an operator. Her motto? Necessity is the mother of a good con. When Hurricane Irving slams into the Texas Gulf coast, Tess seizes the opportunity to escape her past by hijacking a dead woman’s life, but Shelby Coleman’s was the wrong identity to steal. And the cop that trails her? He’s a U.S. Marshall with the Fugitive Task Force for the northern district of Illinois. Tess left Chicago because the criminal justice system gave her no choice. Now she’s on the run from ghosts of misdeeds past—both hers and Shelby’s.

Enter Trevor Smith, a pseudo-cowboy from Houston, Texas, with good looks, a quick tongue, and testosterone poisoning. Will Tess succumb to his questionable charms and become his damsel in distress? She doesn’t have to faint at his feet—she’s capable of handling just about anything. But will she choose to let Trevor be the man? When Tess kidnaps her niece, her life changes. She must make some hard decisions. Does she trust the lawman that promises her redemption, or does she trust the cowboy that promises her nothing but himself?

Want to read more?

Crisis of Identity can be purchased through the following sites:










8 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. I laughed out loud reading her list of major crimes and the reasons why they were very reasonable really ;) I enjoyed your 8 sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tess will she ever learn??? I LOVED this book and this 8 is a sweet little slice of the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing! I loved the justifications about why all those things weren't so bad! Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reasoning justifying the list of crimes. Definitely an intriguing bit and nice blurb also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yeah, they do sound kind of bad when you put 'em like that, don't they?! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. I love this snippet! Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! This definitely sounds like a fun read! Superb snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great justification for her actions. It sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I love hearing from my readers and appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...